First we were told knitting and other similar crafts were excellent stress relieving activities. Now the trend sweeping our land is “stress relieving adult coloring books”! This post introduces you to Soul of the Woodland: A Stress Relieving Adult Coloring Book, Celebration Edition by Blue Star Premier and illustrator Suzy Joyner. This anti-stress coloring book for adults has hours of this latest way to relax and recharge your batteries.
For the true nature lover, Soul of the Woodland has calming, earthy images inspired by flora and fauna from forests around the world. Trees, pine cones, birds, dragonflies, mushrooms, and forest creature coloring pages crafted by Suzy Joyner are are ready for your inspired interpretation!
- Renowned illustrator Suzanne Joyner and Blue Star Coloring team up once again with “Soul of the Woodland” in the Celebration Edition, with beautifully re-designed aesthetics, an enhanced cover and perforated pages.
- Features 30 patterns of woodland scenes, including detailed forest creatures and flora, lovingly reproduced with industry-leading quality. ( Photo at right is Page 73)
- Heavyweight, artist-grade paper provides an unmatched coloring experience and allows for experimentation with different media.
What Reviewers Are Saying About Soul of the Woodland!
Because of my PTSD, I deal with a lot of stress, anxiety and hyper vigilance. I forgot all about that once I started coloring. This book features some beautifully detailed pictures of well known woodland animals such as foxes, squirrels, birds, turtles, raccoons, and owls. It also has flora, trees and so much more. It is such a great book.
The quality of this book is awesome! I was very impressed when it came in. The thickness of the paper is perfect (not too thin like other coloring books) and the pages are a crisp white so my pencils color well on it. The designs on the pages are detailed and exciting. I can’t wait to spend time coloring with this book! ~ Kindle customer
I love this coloring book! The pages are perforated and thick, which makes it perfect for pencils, markers, or water coloring. There are different levels of intricacy to experiment with — not to mention, the images are adorable! Would highly recommend this coloring book! ~ Julia Mims (Photo at left is page 69)
Beautiful coloring book! After being mesmerized by the beautiful cover I opened it to see the even more beautiful images (as the title indicates animals, flowers, insects, etc.). Each picture containing a beautiful pattern inside the design. The pages are the perfect thickness for whatever medium I want to use (watercolor, paint, marker, etc.). PLUS, each of the pages are perforated so I can tear them out once I have finished coloring them!! Very excited to jump into this book and would absolutely recommend it to anyone who asks!! ~ Amazon customer
Benefits of Stress Relieving Adult Coloring Books
- Reduce stress and boost mental clarity.
- A pleasant way to relax right at home that requires no special clothing, gear, or membership fees!
- Coloring has the power to focus the brain similarly to meditation.
- People who find it difficult to meditate, coloring pages and books for adults easily help induce the same meditative state.
- Research suggests, coloring may lower stress, aid relaxation, boost creativity, even help improve sleep and attention spans.
- An electronic-free way to spend a little time before turning out the lights that won’t disturb your melatonin levels so you may sleep better.
- Stress relieving adult coloring books will surely help you get out and away from it all and help you relax and unwind. It is like taking a vacation without going anywhere!
About the Illustrator:
Suzy Joyner found her passion for drawing as a child growing up on Long Island, New York. She filled her school notebooks with illustrations of the many little lives that populated her backyard – snails, bees, worms, flowers, plants and many other garden denizens. Now residing and creating in Denver, she has channeled her love of illustration and the majestic natural scenery of Colorado into adult coloring books for Blue Star Premier.
- Instagram: @bluestarcoloring
- Twitter: @colorbluestar
- Review of Exotic Animal Designs: Stress Relieving Adult Coloring Book by Katie Packer and Blue Star Coloring
- Soul of the Woodland: A Stress Relieving Adult Coloring Book by Suzy Joyner – Aug 14 2015 Amazon.com Amazon.ca
- Exotic Animal Designs: A Stress Relieving Adult Coloring Book by Katie Packer and Blue Star Coloring – Oct.28, 2015 Amazon.com Amazon.ca
- Decorate Your Halloween: An Adult Coloring Book of Halloween Crafts Sep 27 2016 Amazon.com Amazon.ca
- Soul of the Woodland: A Stress Relieving Adult Coloring Book, Celebration Edition Oct 20 2016 Amazon.com Amazon.ca